Saturday 29 November 2008

Home Again, Home Again

Faithful Friends...

Thank you for the prayers, encouragement and support you have given me these last 5-6 months. I returned to Oregon on November 16. Believe it or not, I am still struggling with jet lag and getting back on a 'normal' sleep schedule. I am in the process of trying to stay focused, to wrap my mind around the fact that I am home with my amazing children, that we just enjoyed a great Thanksgiving, and it is almost Christmas. The funny thing as I started to take out Christmas decorations last night, I felt as though I had just packed them up and put them away. I feel as though I have gone through a time warp. In some ways, I believe I have. Since June, I have been on a very fast train and now all of a sudden, the train has slowed down.

I look forward to touching base with you, and sharing your life and my life from the last six months. One thing I hold onto that I have begun to make a Life Truth is: "For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, 'Abba! Father!' The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him." Romans 8:14-17 I choose to not walk in fear again, but to walk as a daughter of God who is my Heavenly Father. He loves me and His perfect love casts out fear. (I John 4:18)

Have a Blessed Christmas and New Year, knowing that God loves you!

With Love,
Elizabeth

No comments: