Sunday 7 September 2008

My 9th Week in Switzerland

It hardly seems possible I have been in Switzerland for 9 weeks, and it has been 10 weeks since I left Oregon! These last 9-10 weeks have been nothing short of amazing! I am so grateful to God for all of His provisions financially, His blessings of healing, the making of incredible friendships and the opportunity to see awesome sights in this part of the world. I realize more and more the magnificence of the very personal God I serve.

I shared in my news update about the 20th Anniversary we prepared for and celebrated yesterday at the Chatel YWAM base here in Essertines sur Rolle, Switzerland. It was a lot of work, but I know many people were blessed. Even though I have only been here about 2 months, I realized how many friends I now have from many parts of Switzerland, so it was a joy on Saturday to see "new old friends" once again!

We are beginning our last week of lecture. Our teacher this week is Bruce Thompson. I must admit, one of the reasons I chose Chatel was because of my acquaintance with Bruce and Barb Thompson, of hearing them teach, and of receiving blessing from them in the past. I so look forward to all we will learn this week.

I am strategizing my packing for Romania...I need to be careful to pack only enough clothes for a week and then count on being able to wash clothes when needed. I have visions of looking like Heidi as she went to visit the Alm Uncle....she wore all her clothes and didn't pack anything. We will be on three different bases with most likely 3 different routines for clothes washing, drying and daily routines....flexibility is the key! I also hear that Romanians may like to eat chunks of bacon lard with raw onions for breakfast. Thankfully, they also have yogurt and oatmeal! :>)

The picture I have on the post this week is a view of Lake Geneva from Vevay, Switzerland.

Blessings to all!

No comments: