Sunday 31 August 2008

"Thou Art a God Who Sees"

I am so glad I serve a God who sees me and knows my every need! I am thankful, I have His Word to hold onto and from which I can gain strength and when needed real courage.

If you read my newsletter, you heard about the wily weasels some people must contend with in Switzerland....it's amazing what one learns from spending time in another country. You also heard about the wedding with 400 guests on the yard of our base here in Chatel. The picture on this page is of yesterday's wedding reception.

Today is a quiet Sunday. It gives me a chance to catch up on my blog and newsletter. I will attend church tonight with friends in the town of Nyon. The new pastor at this church is from New Zealand. There are many English speakers in attendance there...you just need to figure out where they are from...New Zealand, Australia, England, America, South Africa or whether or not they are English speaking Swiss.

Tomorrow we are going to visit a castle....actually tour it inside and out. I have been to several castles since coming to Europe, but this will be the first time I have actually been able to tour the inside.

We have Tuesday as a day off, since the rest of the week will be spent cleaning the entire base inside and out. On Saturday, this base is hosting the community for a 20 year anniversary. That means we need to be spotless as is the Swiss style. I think we even need to check under our beds!! :>)

I will share next week the stories that take place between now and then.

Blessings to you!
Elizabeth

No comments: