Saturday 2 August 2008

Three Day Weekend

The three day weekend is in honor of the Swiss Federation Day we celebrated on Friday, Aug. 1. Today our German cook, Carston, decided to continue the celebration with Swiss flags, candles and a special treat of fondue for supper.

The thunderstorms yesterday gave way to a partly cloudy but pleasant day today. As I am writing, I can hear the sound of cowbells across the countryside. The cowbells can actually be purchased in a variety of sizes. IF I bring home a cowbell, I would choose a small one :>) considering the cost involved in flying with weighty luggage these days.

Our speaker for next week arrived today. Donna Jordan will be speaking Monday through Friday on hearing the Voice of God. Donna has been teaching in YWAM for years and is well known by the "old timers".

The flu has been moving through the base. I continue to take my airborne and trust I can stay well. I am running out of those fizzy little tablets. I need to check to see if I can find any here in Switzerland.

My children and our friends the Dikihs, Illiyns, and Stefaniks are heading out for Shasta and a week on the houseboat beginning Monday. I am trying to get them to stop at Starbucks in Redding so we can all skype! Otherwise I will have to be content with pix of their daily adventures!

As I said in my newsletter, if anyone is interested in seeing pix, I will email you a website. You have your choice of seeing pix from Norway, Chatel, Geneva or now the newest... Swiss Federation Day!

I am sitting in the classroom listening to one of our staff leaders practice worship songs. Matthias, from Nigeria, was up here a little while ago looking for me since he said he had not seen me ALL Day! He always has stories to tell.

Bless you All!!!!
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Hi Elizabeth - wouldlove to see your photos! Donna and Peter Jordan were leaders of the Crossroads Joe and I (and family) attended in Kona, Winter 1986. I really liked them both. Please greet Donna for me; don't know that she would remember me.