Saturday 16 August 2008

Over Hill, Over Dale and all the Way to Burtigny

Oh my goodness, this was a day! I had decided a while ago to try to walk from the Chatel YWAM base to the Burtigny YWAM base. I had a crude map plus some directions and a friend had walked it last week. How hard could it be? HARD and long is the answer. But I did make it! The short way was 1 hour 7 minutes....I walked through dark forests, mucky mud (It pulled my shoe off at one point.) touched stinging nettles, prayed, talked to a girl on a horse 2x ( was actually on the horse path, not the people path)asked a man who was jogging and got directions from 2 cyclists, plus a mother reading to her children before I arrived at the base.....2 1/2 hours later. Everyone who heard my story had a good chuckle...

We studied the Holy Spirit and Forgiveness in class this week. Our teacher was Reona Joly, a YWAM teacher since the 70's. It was a good week with new insight.

We also visited the chocolate and cheese factories yesterday.

Hope all is well on the home front....I am tired tonight!

Blessings!
Elizabeth

No comments: