Sunday 10 August 2008

My 6th Sunday in Switzerland

It hardly seems possible I have been here for 6 weeks. I am half way through with my teaching phase for this Crossroads school. I have learned a lot and experienced more than I had expected. There has been pain in the growth that has taken place, but as I shared with one friend, "No pain, no gain". I came here to learn and that is what I am doing!

We will be going to Romania for our 2 month outreach, leaving here on September 20. We most likely will be staying at the YWAM base in Constanta, Romania. There will be 15 of us leaving from Switzerland. We have 10 in our class, 2 leaders, 2 nannies for the children of students, and one translator. That is about the extent of the details I know.

As this is Sunday, it is a very relaxing day. Since most of us are English speakers, we attend the English speaking church service about 30 minutes away. We leave the base around 4:15 pm and return around 7 pm. We generally east breakfast at 8 am and have lunch at 1 pm. At the midday meal on Sunday, we pack a meal to eat after the church service since only 2 meals are provided for us on Sunday. This morning after breakfast and after checking my email :>), I had a visit and prayer time with one of the staff. Following that and since it is a beautiful day in Essertine sur Rolle, the lake is peaceful and Mont Blanc is gorgeous, I went for a walk. I passed the cornfields and the already harvested wheat fields. The corn looks like it is ready to be harvested. I saw something unusual for this part of Switzerland, and that was to see farmers baling and hauling hay. Hardly anyone works on Sunday with all stores except for gas stations and minimarts closed Sundays. It is also unacceptable to have clothes hanging on the lines on Sunday. (It is customary for us to hang the wash on the line if the weather is permitting. This too, brings me back to my childhood. :>)

For those who read my newsletter, you know that I took a ferry to Yvoire, France yesterday. It was a beautiful day in a beautiful part of France. I have so many pictures of many gorgeous parts of our world. I also am very thankful to my three children for the camera they gave me at Christmas and the laptop computer they gave me for my birthday before I left. I feel spoiled, but so blessed.

Last week in class, we were honored to have Donna Jordan as our teacher. She has been in YWAM with her husband since 1976. She taught on "Listening to the Voice of God". It was a life changing week for me. This week, our teacher is Riona Jolly. She too, has been in YWAM for many years. She will be teaching on Forgiveness. Each day is filled with new understanding from God.

I thank you for your prayers, encouragement and your support...don't stop! :>)

With much love,
Elizabeth

No comments: