Sunday 24 August 2008

Keep Looking Up

If I am learning anything these days, it is to "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5,6

I cannot tell you how absolutely beautiful it is here at Chatel. Unless you have seen the way God has put together the mountains, the lake, the hillsides, the wild flowers, the blue sky(much of the time), even the thunderstorms...it is hard to describe. I could have never believed that one place could be so amazing...and I am allowed to wake up to it every single morning! I would love to share it with you all. I will forever carry memories of this place in my heart. Another reason why it is so special here is because I have met God in an entirely new dimension. I have been given this time to totally concentrate on my relationship with Him and His plan for my future.

Well, as some of you know, I received more directions to Burtigny than what I had embraced in my mind last week. Yesterday, I reached my destination on my walk over hill, dale and through the rain....thank God for the umbrella Sarah and I purchased one day last spring! (I really do miss my kids....just wanted to share that. :>) I met a friend for lunch on a bench in the woods and then we walked back to Chatel. I really am praising God for allowing me to succeed at this. As many of you know, I have struggled with fear in my life..but God is showing me new insights. You are familiar with the scripture, "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love." I John 4:18 I have been experiencing God's direction and I am gaining in my understanding of hearing His voice. Last Saturday, I went on my hike to Burtigny with limited understanding of how to get there...I only had partial directions. During the week I sought out more detailed instructions, and I reached my destination. It's like calling to God, waiting for His answer, and allowing Him to tell us great and mighty things that we don't already know.

We have an additional group of people here with us this week....a group of older and a little older yet. We are hosting the In-Touch camp. Some of the guests are those who have been involved in YWAM from years past and also those who are interested and want to stay in touch. We have 25 visitors with us..living, eating, and learning together.

I heard a quote this week that I am embracing..."You can't serve the LORD without Joy!"

Love you all...
Elizabeth

No comments: