Wednesday 9 July 2008

My 2nd Week in the Beautiful Country of Switzerland

Something that has surprised me more than anything is the weather here. Last week 6 out of 7 days were very warm and humid. One day was rainy, but almost a welcome change. This last week started out with very LOUD thunder storms followed by several days of cool cloudy weather. Today was a welcome surprise....the sun is back!

As I was doing my work duty cleaning the guest rooms, I was blessed by the sight from the room I was in. Lake Geneva was a beautiful blue and Mont Blanc was clear with no cloud cover and frosted with snow. This truly is an amazing place. I was cleaning the Tulip room today....don't laugh, it is covered with pictures of tulips and the sheets and duvets are a yellow tulip pattern. The funny thing for me was the guests who stayed there last night were two young men from Holland! Each guest room has a French door that opens out onto a deck. There are planters of bright pink petunias at each window.

We watched the movie "the Passion" today. Every time I see it, God speaks. Tomorrow will be a special prayer time for healing of past issues.

Our last student will be arriving tomorrow evening. She is coming late because the schools in the UK are just dismissing for the summer. She will need to stay a week after the rest of us leave in November.

I have some homework to finish.

Blessings to you all!

2 comments:

Debby said...

I envy the circumstances you are in with the beauty and quietness before the Lord!! Isn't Switzerland gorgeous???!! I was reminded of my own DTS (many years ago...) and being able to look out at the Alps while praising and praying!! What an incredible time you are having (and will continue to do so). We all miss you tons!!!

Anonymous said...

I wanna see some pics of these cows I've heard about that roam all over the place! :]