Tuesday 1 July 2008

Our Introduction to Chatel

First of all, forgive me for not having more pix....my son, Jordan, is sending me the instructions for getting the pix from i photo to my blog....I am still learning, but I did discover that some of the young guys around here are just learning too.

Some interesting bit of info is the fact the 'house' we live in is 205 years old....I will be sending a picture of this beautiful place asap.

My roommate is a precious lady from Madagascar. She knows mostly French so it is a challenge communicating, but we do have a a French speaking student here who is a great help. In fact the French speaking student is named Irene Ernst. We were both amazed since our name is German and she is Swiss....(I hope you don't mind my bits of trivia. Some of you know me well enough to say, "Leave it to Elizabeth to share a bit of trivia.")

Once we get going with the classes I will share something really spiritual. For now, we are learning about how God has brought us all here to Switzerland. We each have our own amazing "God story". I love you All and maybe one of these days you will even see pix. If you are on facebook, you could see my profile picture is in front of the palace in Oslo. The king and queen live there. Until my next post, God bless you!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Elizabeth,
Shelby was so excited to receive the card from you. It was so thoughtful of you to think about your students, when you have so much going on. We are watching your blog, and following your adventure. It sounds very exciting! We are praying for you every day.
Deanna
P.S. We are waiting for those photos! You can easily add them to your blog by downloading them to photoshow.com and attach it to your blog.

Angela Watts said...

Hi Elizabeth!

We love reading about your adventures! Have an amazing time!

Angela