Saturday 28 June 2008

The Autobahn and Beyond

The Autobahn is a freeway-type system here in Germany that is known for its speed. I am glad Jordan is doing the driving and not me (the kids are glad too). It's probably a good thing I can't see the speedometer. We had an experience yesterday that none of us will soon forget...we were in stalled traffic somewhere between Northern Germany and Heidelberg for about three hours. A semi-truck with hazardous materials overturned on the Autobahn, backing up traffic for close to 20 miles. I counted 30 emergency vehicles, including firetrucks and hazardous waste vehicles. Those of you who are interested will need to ask Kenneth what he and the Europeans do when there is a very long traffic hold-up and no way of reaching a rest area.

We have been blessed to be able to stay with friends our entire trip from Norway to Switzerland. It's a wonderful experience to share with the body of Christ wherever we go.

In less than two days, the children will be leaving me at my Crossroads while Kenneth and Sarah return to Norway and Jordan and Andrew return to the U.S.

No comments: